The use of Aluminum Composite Panels (ACP) in construction purposes have multiplied these days- with uses ranging from signages and indoor and outdoor acp claddings, utilized in different industries. Its functionalities prove why it is a common material used in the Philippine setting. To help you decide on this material, see the pros and cons listed below:
- Durable- ACP is a strong cladding material that can endure against external elements for a long period of time. Long exposure to UV can make exteriors to fade eventually and make the exterior look old and drab. However, ACP is weather resistant, so you need not to worry about placing them on the exterior, where it is subjected to extreme weather terrors. Moreover, ACP is also termite-resistant that keeps it to its optimum condition.
- Cost-effective One of the most remarkable characteristics of ACP cladding is its ability to create a seamless finish to exterior walls that saves you time, labor, and cost, compared to other materials. ACP cladding is a long lasting material that has minimal maintenance cost- both in time and money. In fact, to clean the material, you can settle on using clean cloth and water. ACP does not also need to be cleaned regularly, except if the project is located in an urbanized area. ACP is a material that costs little, but still performs well for a long time. This saves frequent maintenance and replacement costs.
- Visually Appealing- You can easily notice the difference between ACP cladding and other common wall finishes. ACP shows a seamless design, with colors non fading for years, whereas paint needed to be retouched every now and then. Moreover, there is a variety of colors to choose from that can be suitable for your application. ACP cladding can immediately raise the value of the property and can improve the overall structure and how it is built.
- Professional Installation– Aluminum composite panel installation should be handled by a professional. While ACP is lightweight and can be used in different applications, wrong installation can cause water to seep into the building. Careful installation is needed such that the joints should be sealed and the ACP installed by a professional limits these kinds of errors and may even make the installation faster.
- Specific Versatility– ACP is a common façade material that brings out a contemporary and industrial feel to the exterior. However, ACP cannot be used in designs with a natural or homey feel. Moreover, ACP can be folded and cut based on the application but is only limited to angular shapes. For dome or curved applications, take note of the minimum required radius that the material can allow.
- Unsafe from dents- ACP is a durable material but external elements make it susceptible to dents and scratches. These may be hard to remove and repair.
The advantages of ACP make it a popular choice for construction. With its rigidity, it is a great material for wall cladding and ensures the safety of the property, and the people inside the facility. If you are curious about the material and want to know if it is suitable for your application, contact one of the trusted Aluminum Composite Panel suppliers in the Philippines.